Have you seen those really well behaved dogs and thought, “I’d love my puppy to be like that”? Puppy Pre-school can help you (and your puppy!) start on the right track.
Puppy Pre-school is held for one hour per week for five weeks. Classes are held here at the surgery in a dedicated outdoor enclosure and are designed for puppies aged 8 – 16 weeks. Puppies at this age are learning the social behaviours that will be with them for the rest of their lives.
What will you and your puppy achieve at Puppy Pre-school?
- Management skills for puppy behaviours… toilet training, mouthing and biting, jumping up, barking, digging… and whatever else your puppy can do!!
- Advice on puppy behaviour, health, nutrition and first aid. We bring you up-to- date information on products and services available.
- The social skills necessary to interact with other dogs, particularly important for suburban dogs who are often in contact with unfamiliar dogs.
- A pet who is not only happy, but very willing to come to the vet!
- A special “Kids Only Session” run separately during the course to teach children how to read dogs’ body language, how to interact with dogs, and how to avoid dog bites. This is vital information that every child should know. Most dog bite wounds in children are inflicted by a dog that the child knows.
Each puppy will receive weekly take-home sheets covering the information and exercises covered during classes. Upon completion each puppy is awarded a graduation certificate.
Classes are held on Thursday evenings at 6.30pm and the cost of the 5 Week Course is $120.00. The first night is a “puppy-free” night giving us a full hour to help you understand canine learning and behaviour… once you see – AND HEAR! – the puppies all playing together at week two, you’ll understand why we take advantage of this quiet time to do as much of the theory as possible!
An introduction to a collar and lead at least a few days prior to pre-school will give your puppy time to adjust to yet another new concept in a dog’s life. Please no check chains or chain leads. For bookings and further information please contact us.